About Me

My photo
Homemaker and Mama to 4 beautiful children. My daily journey through life on our farm.

Wednesday 27 May 2009

Booty Booty and a winner!

Hi girls, had a great(if somewhat lacking in the avilable funds dept)boot sale last weekend, there is one held just 100 yrds from my house(local gals thats shootash) but as i work saturdays i dont normally get to go as thats when its held, well i hoped it was on, as there are never any signs to say when or if its being held.
I left at 7.30am and took the car-just in case i wanted to buy anything large/heavy and didnt want to struggle back home-but wished i hadnt as i had to queue for half an hour just to get in! One of the stall holders i spoke to told me that he'd arrived there at 5.30am, madness.
Anyway, its not a huge boot sale, actually id say it was quite small, there were lots of flower stalls but at the time i didnt have a border to plant anything so i held back(dont ask me how i managed that!).
A few goodies did catch my eye though, they were mainly purchased from a house clearance guy, some of his prices were quite steep considering they'd thrown everything down onto the grass, some things just heaped into a mass and then a few rows of plastic boxes full with household items. Everything from bottles of jif(sorry-cif!) to yellow beryl woods ware tea sets(which again i held myself back from-kicking myself now?).

From this stall i got three double candy strpied sheets, two pillow cases, and 3 fab union jack mugs, they're really nice quality so i was pleased with myself!

Another guy was selling vintage military stuff old postcards and tins so i bought the two little blue tins for 50p each to go in my workroom/spare room and the postcards, which are really beautiful....Last but no means least was my star buy-little china stanley was just a pound!!!!

Now, enough about my booty-booty, did you think id forgotten about my little giveaway?
Of course not! We selected the appropriate recepticle....

All of the names were added by these two little kittens.....

Poppy dug deep and selected................A THRIFTY MRS!!!!!!!!! Well done you hun!
If you can email me your address and i'll see that a little parcel wings its way to you shortly!
Thanks to all of you girls who take the time to leave me lovely comments, i know its nice to just blog hop and say nothing sometimes so alot of you are certainly less lazy than myself!
Would have liked to send you all something, so sorry i cant so heres a BIG KISS X for you all!!

Ive been banging on about it for a while now so im sure alot of you know that we're off for a weeks holiday to Eype near Bridport on saturday so i shant be around for a while, but i'll report back as soon as time allows, i bought 'your home' magazine today, and guess who's featured-only Sara Mahon-owner of girls own store in Bridport!
I shall definately be paying her a visit! Check the mag out, im sure her home was featured in Country living recently too but its still nice to be nosy again!
TTFN,
Kirsty xxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

Alexandra said...

Hi Kirsty, pleased to meet you! Your little stash of car boot buys are fantastic!

Poppy said...

What pretty kittens, well done too the winner!

You got some great treasure again; I did get myself a hamper basket loads of buttons and loads of cotton on Sunday at the car boot, so I didn’t do too badly.

Love Lou xxx

Shsjndkdns said...

Fab booty finds Kirsty, love the candy stripes, and Stanley of course!! You find some amazing things - I am so jealous!! XX

THISNTHAT said...

Looks like great booting 'trove'! Sad to say that I was too slow in getting started on Sunday to go booting. Usually I go to Exeter but I guess that a week off here and there won't do much harm!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

You found some wonderful things.


I am so excited to have won. Thank you to the pretty kittens.
Thank you!
x

OhSoVintage said...

I'm just wondering where your car boot sale is. There is definitely a lack of good ones in Hampshire. If I try to go to Bursledon I end up queueing to get off the M27 and I have been going to Bordon (yes all the way to Surrey from Lee-on-solent!) only to buy nothing at all. that's good news about CK coming to Winchester, I had no idea.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Great buys from the boot sale... I showed some restraint and stayed away from the boot sales this weekend.

Hope you've had a great holiday.

Victoria x

Sam said...

Well done to Mrs Thrifty!!

Sam xx ;0)

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

hope you had a good holiday and lovely car boot finds - the mugs are fab!
lesley x

LissyLou said...

Just found out it's your birthday from your auntie!!

So Happy Birthday, hope your having a good hols xx

Anonymous said...

You got some really nice things at the sale. I particularly love the post cards, they are so lovely. Lucky girl!